Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Angel from Heaven

As people get older, and perhaps into retirement and beyond, they often begin to think more about the next life. Am I going to Heaven? Purgatory? If not, where? Hell? It's only natural as we realize that when we are reaching the end of our journey on Earth, many individuals may begin to see their health fail them, and our mortality becomes a central issue in our lives.

I certainly fit into this category, and so must say that I have a great gratitude to our Local Bishop who must have been guided by the Lord when he asked the Father to lead the local congregation in Nashville, by saying Mass each day. He is "retired" and while he's just had his 86th birthday, he gets up every morning to provide the Holy Mass for any Catholic who is interested and he does a tremendous job lifting us up when we are down, helping us understand suffering and illness, and ultimately, guiding us to bolster our Faith as we look forward to the next life.

I often feel as if I have had a personal encounter with the Lord when the Father delivers his clear, concise, and complete sermons each day. He is a devote priest who emphasizes prayers to Jesus, forgiveness, atonement, petition, and Thanksgiving. He is a beacon of hope for everyone who knows and hears him. He prepares his congregation for their ultimate meeting with Jesus. I thank God every day for sending him to us, for he is truly an Angel from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment